fc5: install everything?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 9 02:14:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 19:38, Jeff Vian wrote:

> > By the time someone has encountered the problem it is too late
> > for them - those are the people who are concerned about helping
> > others avoid the issue.
> >
> So, since you are one of those complaining and claim to want to help
> others, then put your action where your mouth is and file the bugzilla.
> I for one do not like people who whine but refuse to take action to
> better what they are complaining about.

It isn't about how I want it to be.  All I can do is describe
my experience when installing and it isn't likely to get better
unless someone collates a large number of those experiences.
How would you word an RFE like that?  Maybe yum could be
instrumented to track downloads of missing packages after
a base install or the system could track and report
'file not found' errors in the system areas to identify
files that are frequently needed but not always there.

  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com