powernow-k8 problem

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 00:35:42 UTC 2006

Hi Marcel,

FC5_64

> Does anyone have the same board and got this to work ?

I have ASUS A8N-VM motherboard with similar problem.  At booting;
ACPI:Unable to load the System Descrition Tables
powernow-K8: MP system not suported by PSB BIOS Structure

Poweroff or 'shutdown -h now" won't power off the PC.

I have been googling around and failed to find a solution.  I suspect
the problem accounting to BIOS.  On the same PC runs WinXP on another
HD and there is no problem on "power off" at exiting WinXP.

B.R.
SL