fc5: install everything?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed May 10 07:27:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 13:54 +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:

> Apart from the Languages packs, we ALWAYS install everything here, as
> most of our PCs go out to clients. We can not know beforehand what they
> need, so we install everything, then disable unneeded services.

You need a kickstart file.
You can burn a small boot.iso with a kickstart file to install Fedora
with everything you want to include (which may be everything) from a
network server, and greatly reduce the amount of time required to
install stuff.

btw - I think it is much easier for someone to use pirut to install what
they want than it is to have to uninstall everything they don't want.

But that's just me.