I had high hopes for FC5, damn...

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed May 10 17:52:38 UTC 2006

clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> I must be missing something here.  I can understand downloading the
> iso images, making CDs, then reading the CDs in to disk.  At that
> point you can do a Disk or FTP install.
> You seem to be saying that with NFS you can use the iso images
> directly.  I know its possible to do some sort of strange mount on
> these iso images and see the actual data, but I was going to have to
> look that up,- you seem to be saying that there is a askmethod
> method that can use them directly with NFS.  Im going to have to
> load the CD and see just what it says when I try.

Using the NFS method you can just point anaconda at the directory on
the NFS server containing the iso (or iso's if you use the cd images)
and anaconda will take care of reading the files from the iso.  No
loopback mounting needed on your part.  It's quite handy.

- --
The more laws, the less justice.
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero "De Officiis", 44 B.C.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)