SAS on FC5

Yuandan Zhang yuandan.zhang at gmail.com
Thu May 11 00:32:40 UTC 2006

Hi, Has anyone sucessfully installed SAS 8.1 or SAS 9.1 on FC5? I have
difficulty to install SAS 8.1.
SAS 9.1 was installed.
The installation process was completed ok. When I run sas, I can't get
result or output but get these error messages at the command line.

Segmentation Violation In Task [ DATASTEP ]
Fault and traceback information not available
Task Traceback

Segmentation Violation In Task [ DATASTEP ]
Fault and traceback information not available
Task Traceback

The company support said

"I have checked our system requirements for Linux and unfortunately your
operating system is not compatible with SAS.

Software Requirements

Operating System

Red Hat Linux 7.1
Important: Most other distributions of Linux will not work.
SAS relies on the following operating system components:
?? Linux kernel 2.4.x
?? GNU libc 2.2.x (with LDT threads)
Installations that include different levels of the kernel and libc may be
compatible with SAS software,
but they have not been tested. "