q re network stuffs & FC5

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu May 11 03:38:00 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:

> for the two access points located in this motel building.  There is no
> possibility of a connection until I can convince wlan0 that the fscking
> key is off or open.  That SEEMS like the next step in this little dance
> unless someone more experienced than I can see something else wrong above.

maybe try...

iwconfig wlan0 key off

iwconfig wlan0

And see what the results are.....

FYI, I'm making (un)-educated guesses since I don't have any experience
with wireless on Linux.

--
Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced -- even a
proverb is no proverb to you till your life has illustrated it.