Good Bye FC5

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu May 11 14:36:52 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>>     I upgraded to FC5 because it was claimed that it is better. But some
>> of my best "legacy" software in X-windows looks diffirent and does not
>> work well.
>>

> Without mentioning any details (what software?  what problems?), no-one
> can/will fix it.
>
> -- Rex

    OK Rex the 2 files are gmfsk written by Tomi Mannon in Finland and
Xlog written on Source Forge. They are Amateur Radio programs and they
require fftw2 and hamlib which I yummed and that part is fine. The
problem is when they come up in FC5 they look odd and much of the
buttons do not work.

    Tomi said the gnome has changed too much. I just checked and both
applications are normal on FC4. I am not smart enough to do anything. I
tried to yum install xtk-devel and it does not exist says yum.

Karl