Good Bye FC5

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:31:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 09:48, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >     - The nautilus button-3 menu doesn't offer a terminal.  The
> >       nautilus-open-terminal package adds one, but it's in the middle
> >       of the menu where it's less convenient, and it always opens the
> >       terminal on display :0.0, even when used from another display.
> >
>     I solved that by accident Johnny, I slid the application control
> from the list to the top where it's always available. Took a minute.

In case people don't understand what you mean by that, you can
simply drag things out of the gnome menus onto the desktop
where they become double-click launchers or onto the quick-launch
panel (by the firefox/evolution/OO icons) where they start with
a single click.  I've usually done that with the terminal icon
even on versions that had it on the right-click menu.

Now, does anyone know how to execute the gnome menu button
remotely?  I normally connect to several different machines
and would like to have access to their menus and be able to
launch any available program without having to run the rest
of the desktop remotely.

--
  Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell at gmail.com