Networking Bridging

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Thu May 11 17:14:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006 21:30:59 -0500, Justin Willmert
<justin at jdjlab.com> opined:
> I need some help getting my network bridge to work right.
>
> In FC4, I just added a couple lines to ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1
> and created a ifcfg-br0 file and it'd work, but in FC5, those same
> steps aren't working. I don't have a clue how to go about debugging
> what's going on (I've tried to look into it, but the number of
> different files and programs involved in starting the network is
> too much for me to handle).
>
> If I follow the tutorial given at
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8172 for setting up a bridge
> manually, the bridge will work. It just doesn't work with the
> network/init scripts.

My scripts look different than yours. Have you included an alias in
modprobe.conf? (alias br0 bridge). Does lsmod show "bridge?" Have you
followed the following:

	# brctl addbr br0
	# brctl addif br0 eth0
	# brctl addif br0 eth1