fc5 and gcc4.1 compiler problems

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri May 12 06:40:05 UTC 2006

Johannes Rainer wrote:

> boostIncl/boost/graph/transitive_closure.hpp:263:   instantiated from
> 'void boost::transitive_closure(const Graph&, GraphTC&) [with Graph =
> Graph_dd, GraphTC = Graph_dd]'
> interfaces.cpp:371:   instantiated from here
> boostIncl/boost/graph/depth_first_search.hpp:324: error: no matching
> function for call to 'vertices(const std::vector<std::vector<long
> unsigned int, std::allocator<long unsigned int> >,
> std::allocator<std::vector<long unsigned int, std::allocator<long
> unsigned int> > > >&)'
>
> unfortunately it is not my code, so i have no clue how to fix the
> problem if it is a bug in the source code. it's just interesting that it
> compiles fine with gcc3.2, gcc4.0 but not with gcc4.1 ...

Not only the compiler has changed if I understood you: since the error
is about "no matching function" from the terrifying nest of templates
maybe the problem is about the lack of a *-devel package that defines
vertices()?  I guess I would ask over here:

http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#users

quoting the same error.

-Andy