Fishing License

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri May 12 12:04:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Tim wrote:

> Tim:
<<snip>>

> It's not how schools work (they discourage thinking, they discourage
> individuality, they encourage obedience without question of any sort),
> hence my comments about it being a waste of time.

While I basically disagree with much of the discussion edited out above,
what is left above appears to be basically a true statement in my
experience. (Largely limited to the US).

I'm not quite so cynical about the limitations of schools. It does seem
that most people in our society can swim all day in the sea of knowledge,
and never get wet. (Cheerfully stolen and adapted from "The Phantom
Tollbooth" by Norton Juston

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown