Finally getting rid of Windows (almost)

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri May 12 17:32:29 UTC 2006

I've been running fedora core since fc3 in a dual boot with Windows XP.
I'm now running fc5 and using vmware player to run Windows XP. I must
say vmware works incredibly well on fc5. I don't boot to Windows XP very
often and with VMWarePlayer working so well, I'm ready to make better
use of the partition.

My current partitions are:
/dev/hda1   *           1        3199    25695936    7  HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda2            3200        3212      104422+  83  Linux
/dev/hda3            3213        9729    52347802+  8e  Linux LVM

So can I just blow away the hda1 partition, create a new linux
partition, and add it to the lvm? Or will that hose the boot/grub
process?

Suggestions?

Thanks,
James