Inkjet Printer Recommendations

Styma, Robert E (Robert) stymar at lucent.com
Fri May 12 20:40:52 UTC 2006

> Howdy all,
>
> As far as I can tell, it doesn't quite look like the big boys
> are on our
> side in the consumer market yet. I am looking for a decent inkjet
> printer, but not too expensive.  Not really planning on
> printing photos
> or jazz.  More so just documents, resumes, etc.  Currently
> running FC4.
> Any recommendations? Warnings?
>
> Stephen

I have had good luck with HP printers.  Especially the somewhat
dated ones you can get on EBay,  Deskjet 672 and Deskjet 920.  I
also had good luck with a the Netgear PS121 mini print server.  I
plugged a USB printer into it (epson) and put it on my home network.
The windows printers had to have a software driver added to use the
printer.  Something called lpd.  :-)
There was no documentation for Linux and when I tried to access it
as a Windows printer it would not work.  I told Linux it was a remote
CUPS printer and it works fine.  The box is pretty cheap, arount $20 US.

Bob Styma