Yumex is weird [SOLVED] (now slight digression on KYUM)

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat May 13 11:41:05 UTC 2006

On Fri May 12 2006 7:58 pm, david walcroft wrote:
> > It might be useful if a couple of more people added comments to
> > my bug report. Perhaps, it could even be in the form of an RFE.
> > Right now, I consider KYUM unusable, even though it has several
> > features I liked more than Yumex. Added comments could even
> > possibly be in the form of RFE's, since the developers attitude
> > is that this isn't a bug. He says he hasn't much time, so that
> > may be the governing factor, here, but, maybe not...
>
> Yes I tried Kyum in FC4 and didn't like it.

I'm not sure why you offered up the above in response to me - maybe  you
weren't responding to me, but that's not obvious. I'm suggesting, to put it
another way, that those who LIKE KYUM, add their own comments to the bug
report I filed many months ago, in the hope that the developer, seeing
interest in his program, might make the time to fix it. I make that
suggestion because I DO LIKE KYUM - it's just unusable in its current state,
unless you resort to time-consuming work-arounds. Yumex has gotten much
better, but, my metric is the Synaptic UI for apt - that was a very
convenient window that gave you in one location, a lot of information about
installed and available packages - it required the least of amount of
clicking around to get info of any of the package managers I've tried.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA