Where things stand

Stephen Mirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Sat May 13 17:19:42 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:

> Also recognize that it is Fedora policy to EOL a release when the second
> testing release is made subsequent - which means that Fedora Core 4 is
> expected to EOL on July 12 (the projected release of Fedora Core 6
> Testing 2). Given the relatively short lifetime of Fedora Core 4 at this
> point, I'm not sure that I would do a new install with it.

For me, FC5 is far from ready for use.  The EOL of FC4 may be in July,
but legacy
will pick it up extending security fixes.  FC5 needs time to stabilize
and debug for
normal consumption.  =)

Regardless, every new FC is a brand new learning curve.  Each is unique,
fixed problems
of the prior version, yet adds a whole bunch more.  I guess that's why I
use it, it's exciting
and I never know what is going to happen next =P

Stephen