Win2003 login remotely to FC4 via VNC

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat May 13 20:34:40 UTC 2006

On 13 May 2006 at 18:54, zillah wrote:

To:             	fedora-list at redhat.com
Date sent:      	Sat, 13 May 2006 18:54:39 +0200
From:           	zillah <no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org>
Subject:        	Re: Win2003 login remotely to FC4 via VNC
Send reply to:  	saadelias at hotmail.com,
	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
	<mailto:fedora-list-request at redhat.com?subject=subscribe>

> > the server isn't running as you expected or
> > you have a firewall
>
> I am pretty sure that there is no firewall, as you can see that I have stoped iptables on the FC4 server,,,do I need to stop something else (may be I missed one)?
>

> >  or network problem
>
> The ping command is so far is ok, client can ping the server and the server can ping the client ,,,,do I need to test something else ?

What happens on the FC4 machine when you vncviewer localhost:2

How are you starting the vncserver sessions?
vncserver :2
or
using the vncservers in the /etc/sysconfig
(Note: if you are using this method, the vncserver service must be started,
and id doesn't work with the root id.)

What does ps -ef | grep vnc
show?

Also, what does it say when you run system-confg-securitylevel about the
firewall setting.

> --
> This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
> http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=86570&topic_id=20839&forum=27#forumpost86570
>
> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC Seti at Home Total Credits 864562.515119