Install FC5 on a partition WHILE running FC4 - Possible?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 15 13:48:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 08:51 +0100, Vijay Gill wrote:
> > When you get to the point in the installation process where you are
> > assigning mount points to the partition you can decide which partition
> > mto be mounted as / where the installed Linux FC5 will go.
>
> You did not follow my original mail I guess. I know how to install
> Fedora by booting off the Fedora install CD/DVD.
>
> My original query was how to install FC5 on a machine WHILE the same
> machine is booted up and running on FC4. For example in Windowsm, we
> can start the install process of newer version while running older
> version. The install process is invoked manually.
>
> Is there same facility in Fedora too? I have been unable to find so far.
>
> Vijay
You are right I answered a different question. Well I can hypothesize
when the CD is booted an installer program is run. My guess if you could
find that program and run it you could do the install.

Does anyone know what is the name of the installer program? I looked
quickly but I can't see it.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>