Mysql

brouwers roland lx roland at cat.be
Mon May 15 14:40:03 UTC 2006

My server runs Fedora 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 .
I am trying to install moregroupware. During setup it says
At least one database driver is needed
"You need at least one known database driver installed with php. Known
database drivers are the following : MySQL, PostgreSQL"
SO I INSTALLED MYSQL with "yum install mysql"
Problem stays the same. I started mysql with "mysql" and got:
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/m ysql.sock' (2)
so I looked into /etc/my.cnf
---------------------------------------->
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
All these files do not exist
THEN I read that one has to start mysqld, so i looked for "safe_mysqld"
Nothing to find
Am I missing something?

Thanks for help
Roland Brouwers