gonme-vfs smb w/Win98 first edition....

AWF awfar at glis.net
Mon May 15 18:54:25 UTC 2006

Sorry if this is in a FAQ; I looked in gnome Bugzilla as well...

Is there a strange problem with Gnome SMB:// browsing on FC5? Clean
install a first edition Win98 w/ SP1. I can see the machine on Navigator
(monitored net traffic OK, broadcasts working OK, firewall disabled on
the eth port, the system basically works). But when I click on a
directory, it fails by turning folder into a "file" icon that cannot be
read.

FC5 is a recent, clean, vanilla x86_64 install where everything else
works extremely well.

The only odd configuration issue is it has a null ethernet connection
that needs ping to keep it from sleeping...

Kicker is that smbclient works flawlessly, at least moving some
directories and files, traversing the directories, etc.

TIA awfar at glis.net