Save current setup in FC5

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at
Tue May 16 02:24:07 UTC 2006

Bob Leonard wrote:
> The "Save current setup" option seems to have disappeared from the Log
> Out window in FC5.  Is there another way to accomplish setting up the
> start-up configuration?  In my case, I would like to have a full size
> terminal in two workspaces at startup.
> Thanks for your help.
> Bob

After you set the terminals as you desire, run
/usr/bin/gnome-session-save from any of the terminals as user.

There are other methods via System > Preferences > More preferences >session
I heard the menu selection has some bug. Check the archives for previous
discussions shortly after FC5 was released.

As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.