Arobat Reader 7.0 error while loading the plug-in 'PPKLite.api'

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue May 16 12:38:05 UTC 2006

Dennis Castanos wrote:
> I installed Arobat Reader 7.0  and get this message along with the  download pop up window in firefox when I try to open Arobat.  I used Stanton Finley Instruction notes.  Can anyone tell me how to fix it?
> Dennis
>                 There was an error while loading the plug-in 'PPKLite.api'.  The plug-in fail to initialize.

It's in the ReadMe.htm:

PPKLite.api fails to load:
PPKLite requires  the installation of the OpenLDAP package and fails to
initialize in its absence. If you get this error when  acroread starts,
you need to install the LDAP libraries  (OpenLDAP package).  If PPKLite
still fails to load, make a link to the  installed libldap.so.X and
liblber.so.X in <INSTALL_PATH>/Reader/intellinux/lib with the names
'libldap.so' and  'liblber.so'.

-- Rex