fc5 Old hardware problems: rtl8019as ne2000 compatible and Creative Vibra16C Pnp

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue May 16 15:01:37 UTC 2006

Samuel Díaz García wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm trying to configure:
>    1) Realtek RTL8019AS ISA NETWORK (appears to be ne1000/ne2000 drivers).
>    2) Creative Vibra16C PnP ISA sound adapter.
>
> The rtl8019as is listed with lspci, but the sound adapter not.
>
> About the rtl8019as, I found this url:
> http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/rhl7.2/rhl-rg-es-7.2/s1-modules-ethernet.php3
>

> But in FC5, the ne.ko module is not under /lib/modules/`uname
> -r`/kernel/driver/net and I can't try use it.
>
> The Vibra16C, is detected by the "sound detection app", but don't works.
>
> Anybody can help me with these hardware?
>
> Thanks

For the rtl8019as, you probably need the ne2 module, and not the ne
module. You may have to specify the i/o and IRQ used by the card.
Detecting them automatically does not always work on ISA cards. I am
not sure about the sound card - you may need to install the ISA Plug
and Play tools. I do not think they are installed by default. Not
too many people are using ISA Plug and Play cards any more.

You may want to read the Plug and Play HOWTO.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Plug-and-Play-HOWTO.html

Mikkel