yum mirrors not in sync

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:09:54 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> Tony Nelson wrote:

> repo

> sometimes
> second

> the

> >> I want to second on this.
> >> What is happening to the updates repository?
> >> This is crazy. If I want to do a rational yum update I have to keep
> >> disabling the updates repo.
> >> What can I do about it?
> >
> > Well, disabling the "updates" repo would pretty much ruin doing updates,
> so
> > I don't think that's a good workaround.  You could pick a single (good)
> > mirror out of the mirrorlist and stick with that one.  Use the
> mirrorlist
> > URL in a web browser to get the mirrors for a repo, and edit the repo
> file
> > to use that as a base url instead.  (Apparantly several base urls can be
> > listed, if you want more than one mirror.)
> >
> > I'm still not sure if this is a widespread problem (though I don't see
> how
> > it could not be).
>
> It is from time to time, Tony.  A few hours wait seems to fix it, usually.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
>
> --

Sorry Gene, but it has been going on for more than two weeks already!

I thought a few hours would fix it but it hasn't. I think it is past time
the
people doing the "updates" mirrors got together and start comparing
notes. It does not seem to go away automgically like other synchronization
issues

Javier

--
/\_/\