FC4 Gnome CD burning, not!

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu May 18 01:13:29 UTC 2006

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    Right now I am yumming k3b and it's 28 mb with the dependant kde libs
> and such. It's GOT to be easier!
Thanks to Brian Pepple's awesome work, GnomeBaker[1] is in Extras. It's
my preference for making/burning CDs. :)

A simple `yum install gnomebaker` as root should do it (assuming that
you have the Extras repository enabled, which it is by default).

[1] http://gnomebaker.sourceforge.net/

 > [...]
 > It went into the motions of recording a cd but it did nothing except
 > eject the unwritten cd-r disk.
Are you sure it didn't write it incompletely?When I was on FC4 I always
had run `cdrecord -fix` after burning a CD/DVD in order for it to
finalize the disc. I've installed GnomeBaker in FC5 but I've only
created a couple of ISO images with it and haven't actually burned those
to media yet, so I don't know if that's still a problem for me. To this
day I still have no idea why this easily-worked-around bug occurs in the
first place... (o_O)
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
   DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479