Q re networking, might need guru

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu May 18 11:48:20 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Jonathan Underwood wrote:
>> On 18/05/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>>> Looking at some traffic with tethereal (no thats not a typo, I asked yum
>>> to install ethereal and thats what I got) I note that it has to
>>> 'reassemble' the 'PDU' of the majority of the traffic flowing over
>>> wlan0.
>>
>> I'm afraid I can't offer any help with your network problem, but if
>> you wanted to install the graphical interface to ethereal, do a yum
>> install ethereal-gnome.
>>
>> Jonathan.
>>
> Thanks.  I'm not sure its showing me what I want to see, but I'll either
> figure it out or go back to etherape.

Unforch, that  didn't want to actually display anything but a packet
list, and now I cannot go back to etherape, installing ethereal-gnome
screwed something up, and not even a new make install of etherape after
removing ethereal-gnome brings it back.

The error reported when I try to run etherape now is:
[root at diablo etherape-0.9.6]# etherape

(EtherApe:20159): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_property:
object class `GtkFrame' has no property named `orientation'

and its hung till I ctl-c it.  And it was running quite nicely when I
stopped it to give ethereal a try.  How can I fix this?

--
Cheers, Gene