Email (Major Problem) =>

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri May 19 02:03:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 18:27:02 -0400, CodeHeads <codeheads at gmail.com>
opined:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a major problem.  I just nuked and paved my mail and web
> server, what a job!!!! LOL
>
> Anyway, As soon as it is connected to the internet machines connect
> and send mass emails out.  How in the world are they doing that!!!
> My IP has been added to at least one spam place already, no knows
> how many more.
>
> Here is what i am using:
> Web Server:
> Sendmail with ISP SMTP AUTH
>
> Mail Server:
> Basically I followed this site for install:
> http://www.qmailrocks.org/install_rh.htm
>
> Can someone help?

Somewhat OT but are you trying to send from 71.254.197.56 which is a
dynamic IP? Most properly configured servers won't accept your mail
in the first place.

In any event, if you are sending someone else's spam then your system
has been somehow exploited. Are you using IPTables and only opening
those ports that you require. Do you have a NAT router?

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php