Fax/answering machine software?

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Sun May 21 18:04:08 UTC 2006

Have a look at the following software.  It's callled vgetty and turns a
voice modem into an answering machine:

There are a few frontends to vgetty, TkVoice appearing to be one of the
more popular:

You can also try searching Freshmeat.net, which seems to have quite a
few results related to answering machines under Linux:

You'll probably need a modem with voice support that works under Linux
which might be hard to find.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Hedlund
daniel at digitree.org