FC5: syslog not logging?

Craig Goodyear cjhs22a at swbell.net
Sun May 21 21:18:54 UTC 2006

It appears that syslog has stopped working since I restarted my FC5
server yesterday, about 24 hours ago.  There have not been any entries
made in the following log files since the shut down yesterday: cron,
maillog, messages, rkhunter.log, or secure.

syslogd and klogd are shown to be running.  When the server is now shut
down, the shut down of system logger is shown to fail.

Where do I start to find the solution to this problem?  Are there there
any ideas of suggestions?  I haven't been able to find anything on
Google or the list archive.

Craig