mplayer install

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Sun May 21 22:42:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 18:04 -0400, Dean Maluski wrote:
> I've been struggling finding all the packages I need for an mplayer
> install. I think I've gotten most from fresh-meat.
> I was doing a search and found someone claiming it's as simple as.
> yum install mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts mplayer.
> Well, that doeesn't work.
> Now I'm stuck looking for aalib package.
> Any guidance appreciated!
> I'm running FC4

Fedora is a yum package manager based distribution. Yum will solve all
dependency issues and automatically download those dependencies as long
as you have the proper repositories configured and enabled. Then it is
just a matter of issuing the command "yum install mplayer. See
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html for
instructions.
--
Stanton Finley