fedora-package-announce at redhat.com message ?

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon May 22 12:15:15 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> I haven't experimented, but I suspect the configuration page
> instructions are wrong, and you tick to exclude rather than include
> messages.

Paul Howarth replied:
> I don't think so. I've just got FC5 ticked but don't receive *any*
> messages; if it was "tick to exclude", I'd be getting the FC4
> messages.

Tim commented:

Thad Nielsen wrote:
> I have only FC5 selected and receive no package announcement messages.

The configuration page talks about "topic categories", and presents
three options. But it doesn't actually say that *any* messages have the
appropriate topic categories applied...

As far as I can tell, no messages are actually categorised in a way that
the list manager understands.

Has anyone played with the setting underneath, "Do you want to receive
messages that do not match any topic filter?" It's set to "No" by
default. If you check that, and start getting e-mail, then my guess is
right.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "The letters are Elvish, of an ancient mode, but the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | language is that of Microsoft, which I will not utter