FC5 Fails To Recognize The Presence Of A VCD?

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Mon May 22 17:12:03 UTC 2006

At 4:42 PM +0800 5/22/06, Ciba LO wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have made no modification to the default /etc/fstab for the
>auto-mounting of the DVD device in my FC5 box.
>
>When I insert a DVD, I will get it auto-mounted/auto-played with Xine
>Media Player.
>
>However, when I insert a VCD, I get the following error message.
>The Application "gnome-mount" has quit unexpectedly.
>
>Am I missing something?  Thank you in advance.

No, I don't think so.  Gnome-mount would quit on me when I insert a DVD
with a raw dump on it (as produced by dump, as if to tape).  I filed a
automatic crash report and disabled automounting of CDs and DVDs.  Filing a
bugzilla against gnome-mount would probably be better, if you need it fixed
sometime.