How is local mail delivery accomplished using postfix?

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu May 25 02:41:33 UTC 2006

That is probably not stated completely correctly, but it is getting late
and I'm getting frustrated.

By way of background, last week we had a tree in the front hit by
lightning. While for the most part the computers were well protected by
the upses, networking components died. Not nice, but a nice prod to update
the local mail server software & hardware.

What I want to happen is to use postfix and spamassassin to que up the
email to either accessed locally or by imap by the remote son or
daughters. What I'm not finding out (google & RH docs etc) is how postfix
hands off email for delivery to local spool, such that spamassassin can
get it's paws on the message.

What I'm getting the feeling is that FC assumes the the email client will
be evolution, and lets evolution contact spamassassin, which isn't quite
what I had in mind.

My thanks to the list for their consideration and bandwidth.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown