Web/SSH Client?

Polleke ervandepol at gmail.com
Fri May 26 13:50:03 UTC 2006

The tool you are looking for is called "sshwebproxy" ...

It enables you to get to an ssh shell through a web interface ...

just google for it...

On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:24:48 +0000
Angus MacGyver <macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

Angus> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 06:09:58AM -0700, Tom Spec wrote:
Angus> > !-- DIV {margin:0px;}-->I have a fedora server setup with apache running on port 80 and 443, and ssh running on port 22.
Angus> >
Angus> > I want to be able to "ssh" to that server from a location that only allows port 80 and 443 to go out (of the firewall.)   Is there any kind of "web ssh" solution or something that I could implemement so I could go to a page on my server through port 80, then from there get "ssh" access to the server with some kind of web java application.  I'm kind of reaching here, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts/ideas.
Angus> >
Angus> > Tom
Angus> >
Angus>
Angus>
Angus> One way i get "around" this, is at my firewall end..
Angus> My firewall is listening on port 443 on a secondary IP address, and this re-directs to the internal 22 for ssh....
Angus> (easily use iptables to do that redirect, i just happen to use a BSD based firewall)
Angus>
Angus> Ok, this could be a problem for multilpe machines, but way i get around that, is the single IP behind firewall is a gateway, get onto the gateway, then you can start doing things.
Angus>
Angus>
Angus> Hope this helps.....
Angus> am