Using FC4 to recover files from NTFS

Kayvan A. Sylvan kayvan at sylvan.com
Fri May 26 14:51:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 02:19:36PM +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Could I put this drive into a Linux system, mount the fs (readonly would do)
> and copy the contents of that foler off?
>
> I've looked back through the archives and found emails relating to NTFS
> support not being included, and other problems.  What would I have to do to
> get NTFS support onto an existing system?
>

> Alternatively, can anyone tell me how to bypass the NTFS security within WinXP
You could try using the System Rescue CD to boot into a minimal linux
with all the tools you need. I have used it with good results in the
past.

See http://www.sysresccd.org

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan, | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)