list_head debugging.

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat May 27 00:55:59 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:
> The good news is that in his report, Ashley notes that its hitting him consistently.
> Ashley, any chance you can try and isolate which driver is causing this, by moving
> the relevant .ko files out of /lib/modules/2.6.16-1.2111_FC4/kernel/drivers (to say $HOME) and seeing when the problem 'goes away' ?
>
> Personally I'm suspicious about the I2C stuff (w83627hf and friends).
> Hmm, actually a 'chkconfig lm_sensors off' should suffice to stop them getting loaded.
> Maybe try that first, and if that does the trick, turn it back on and try the
> 'move modules out of the way' trick I described above.
>
> 		Dave
    Okay, with lm_sensors shut off, the following modules are -not- loaded:

    w83627hf
    hwmon_vid
    hwmon
    eeprom
    i2c_isa

    I'll let it sit for the next 24 hours and see what happens.  If this
is the cause of the problems, what can I do to regain functionality from
lm_sensors?

    Thanks guys.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6