Lock Screen as root

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat May 27 14:32:57 UTC 2006

Stephen Mirowski wrote:
> Although I prefer init 3, I have been running 5 to get around this. I
> might research the possibility of deactivating Ctrl+Alt+Backspace while
> having the screen locked. But still, a more savvy badguy/girl will know
> about either method of getting access. =(
One way to deactivate Ctrl+Alt+Backspace is to exit
/etc/X11/xorg.conf and add DontZap to the Section "ServerFlags"
section of the file. (Is there an option in X11 setup to add this?)

Section "ServerFlags"
    DontZap # disable <Crtl><Alt><BS> (server abort)
    #DontZoom # disable <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> (resolution switching)
    AllowMouseOpenFail # allows the server to start up even if the
mouse doesn't work