unable to install Zend on Fedora Core 5

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun May 28 09:03:07 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 10:21 +0300, Me2resh Lists wrote:
> Hi all
> i am trying to install Zendstudio on my fedora core 5
> but it gives me errors about shared objects
> here is the error, i copied it from the terminal
> ######################################
> [root at localhost Me2resh]# ./ZendStudio-5_0_0.bin
> Preparing to install...
> Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
> Unpacking the JRE...
> Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
> Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
> awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open
> shared object  file: No such file or directory
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared obj ect file: No such file or directory
> /bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
> dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared obj ect file: No such file or directory
> basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
> hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared ob ject file: No such file or directory
>
> Launching installer...
>
> grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
> shared object  file: No such file or directory
> /tmp/install.dir.18661/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while
> file: No such file or direc tory
> ######################################
> can anyone help me with that please ?

I bet this one's SELinux too. Fixing it properly will be non-trivial,
and will involve making a local policy mndule.

You should at least be able to get it installed by putting SELinux in
permissive mode:

# setenforce 0
# ...install software...
# setenforce 1

The software will probably not run in enforcing mode either without
policy changes though.

Paul.