High Speed Internet & FC5

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon May 29 05:37:42 UTC 2006

Hello Ed,

On Mon, 29 May 2006 10:39:12 +0800 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> LeBreton wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am French and I just arrived in California. I am using a FC5
> > distrib on my computer and I would like to get a High Speed Internet
> > connection like this proposed by AT&T with an External ADSL Ethernet
> > Modem.
> >
> > But At&T claims that other distrib than Windows or Mac are not
> > supported for their DSL connection. :-(
> >
> > Could I get some advices for the best solution for high speed
> > internet with FC5?
>
> Well, I'm an American, living in Taiwan...but I can still comment.  :-)
>
> When folks like AT&T claim that they only support Windows and Mac what
> they mean is that their support folks won't be able to help you if you
> run into trouble.  Same holds true in Taiwan.  But, that doesn't mean it
> won't work.
[snip]

And it's the same here in France w/ French ISP's :-). Anyway most of the
time, it's better NOT to be able to get "support" from them as their level-1
guys only apply the support protocol, which starts at checking if the power
cables are plugged in, and don't have a serious technical background.

Regards,

--
wwp