New to linux

K Chauhan chauhan_kaushik at hotmail.com
Mon May 29 12:04:13 UTC 2006

Hi, My name is Kaushik

I have just bought a second hand Linux box . It had Fedora 2.6.9-1.667 on
it.

When I signed into it, it said that there were updates waiting to be loaded.
I then proceeded to load the update to Fedora 2.6.12-1.1381_fc3

Now I cannot get to the WEB or mail !!!, but if I went back to the previous
version it all seems ok

What do I need to do correct the latest update.?

Also

Is it better to install a complete version of Fedora 5 ( any recommendation
? ) ( i.e. the pc has got a DVD rewriter - I am not sure about conversion
from ISO using cdwriter - any advice ? )

Thanking you in advance

Kaushik