Logitech USB Headset (Audio newbe)

Don Flinn flinn at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 30 13:45:19 UTC 2006

Thanks Andy

That is my problem

[flinn at flinn ~]$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [CMI8738MC6     ]: CMI8738-MC6 - C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6
                      C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model 55) at 0xd400, irq
18
 1 [Headset        ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset
                      Logitech Logitech USB Headset at
usb-0000:00:10.2-2.1, full speed

But how do I change the order?

The music player I'm using is the cdplayer that comes with the distro
and doesn't have any control to change the soundcard.  I've changed the
selection in system->preferences->volume control to the headset but that
didn't do it.  I've also looked at the ALSA mixer, which lists the first
card and used the -c command to change the card but that doesn't effect
anything else.

As Maxwell Smart would say "I'm that close. Well maybe that close."

Don

--
Don Flinn
President, Flint Security LLC