FC5: can't mount JFS LVG

Ben Lancaster benlanc at ster.me.uk
Tue May 30 19:38:15 UTC 2006

Hey,

I installed FC5 last night using "linux jfs" at the boot prompt, set
up my partitions but retained my old FC4 jfs LVG, and now the volume
won't mount:

# mount -t jfs /dev/mapper/MediaGroup-Media /Video
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/
MediaGroup-Media,
        missing codepage or other error
        dmesg | tail  or so

No oopsie in dmesg or messages, what gives? I didn't touch the
original volume group when playing with the partitions either.

Its worth noting that when I specified a mount path in DiskDruid on
install, the installation failed because the install was unable to
mount the LVG due to an "invalid argument" after formatting the other
partitions.

Thanks,

Ben