Logitech USB Headset (Audio newbe)

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:12:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 09:45 -0400, Don Flinn wrote:

> Thanks Andy
>
> That is my problem
>
> [flinn at flinn ~]$ cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [CMI8738MC6     ]: CMI8738-MC6 - C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6
>                       C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model 55) at 0xd400, irq
> 18
>  1 [Headset        ]: USB-Audio - Logitech USB Headset
>                       Logitech Logitech USB Headset at
> usb-0000:00:10.2-2.1, full speed
>
> But how do I change the order?

Look in /etc/modprobe.conf

in mine I have:
alias snd-card-0 snd-sbawe
alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371

...that sets the order. My Soundblaster awe64 is first and my ens-1371
is second, even though the install wanted to make the ens the first as
it is PCI and the awe64 is old timey ISA... it just sounds ALOT better
and I chose to make it first.

I've not used an USB sound device, so I do not know for sure that a
module is loaded for it at all. but if one is, then modprobe.conf should
be the place to tell the system to load it first. Of course, I could be
completely fricking wrong, and USB is handled different, but you got my
troubleshooting with a shotgun approach, as well as my two cents.
<chuckles> Ric