Cut, Copy, Paste Nightmare

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 17:48:11 UTC 2006

From: "Rickey Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com>
> On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 13:56 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
>

>> So in summary after copy or cut, I am never sure whether shift-insert
>> or the mouse-middle-button will paste the just cut text. Frequently,
>> neither works properly.
>>
>> Anyone else? Any suggestions? This is one of those minor annoyances
>> that is extremely frustrating at times.
>

> Using Oracle and Netscape we had to use Abiword in-between to cut &
> paste at all. Copy from Netscape, paste to Abiword, copy from Abiword,
> paste to Oracle. What a royal pain. It was explained to me, but I have
> forgotten the reason. Linux will never make it to Joe Lunchbucket's
> computer until it becomes resolved, and this problem goes back a LONG
> way. It was 6 years ago when we were doing that procedure to copy, cut &
> paste.  I feel your pain. :) Ric

Cut and paste in Linux is the single most frequent cause for me lapsing
into extremely unladylike language. I've had to replace dozens of melted
keyboards. And the melt ripples on the face of my monitor are annoying.
It may be time to get a replacement. Cut and Paste in Linux stinks on
hydrogen ice.

{^_^}