FC6: can't print to USB HP printer

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed Nov 1 13:32:46 UTC 2006

> Thanks guys for the suggestions. However, it turns out that my printer
> decided to go faulty at coincidentally the same time as I installed FC6.
> It works for a few minutes, then disappears off the USB horizon. A power
> cycle gives it a few more minutes.
>
> Still, it would be nice if CUPS actually gave a *useful* error message for
> once in its life :-(

Hmm... I have a new Business Inkjet 2300 on FC6 that will quit in the
middle of multi-page photo print jobs, for no apparent reason. It always
stops between pages, never in the middle. It's like it just "forgets"
about the remainder of the job. No cups error message either. I wonder
if the HP drivers have "issues"?

- Mike