Intermittent Wireless Connection in Fedora Core 6

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Nov 1 17:05:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

     I recently did a clean install to Fedora Core 6 on my IBM ThinkPad
T-30 laptop.  I am using an Atheros-based wireless card with WPA-2
encryption.  The madwifi drivers are installed and I have a Linksys
WRT54G Wireless router.  I started NetworkManager,
NetworkManagerDispatch, and wpa_supplicant in
"system-administration-server settings-services".  I also unchecked
"network".  Although I was able to connect wirelessly, the signal seems
to be dropping every 10 seconds or so.  After a while, the signal will
stop entirely.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  By the way, the
wireless router is approximately 2 feet away from where my laptop is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.