mount doesn't mount on boot-up

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Thu Nov 2 07:09:00 UTC 2006

Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00  <---
>   Vendor: ATA      Model: ST3160023AS      Rev: 3.05
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00  <---
>   Vendor: ATA      Model: ST3300622AS      Rev: 3.AA
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
It looks like the SCSI ID being assigned to these drives is the same.
The ordered triple (Channel, ID, LUN) should be unique for each device.
Don't know how this can happen since it should never happen.

Unfortunately, all of the relics here don't use SATA drives so I can't
take this any further.  Also, it looks like the system sorts it all out
by the time you get a command prompt so everything eventually works; you
just can't do things automatically during the boot process.

Past my bedtime here.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce