mounting ext3 drive with R/W permission???

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:40:33 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, Deepak Shrestha <d88pak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > can it be that the mountpoint itself (/mnt/install) has no access for others?
> >
> > Regards
> >

> Hi,
>
> thanks for nice suggestion. I had overlooked that. Now I changed the
> permission to full for that mount point.
>
> I mounted the drive with my fstab entry as:
> /dev/hdb1               /mnt/install            ext3    defaults 1 1
>
> it mounts but still same problem.
>
> to double check if its mounted I used
>
> $ df -h
> which gives me
> ---------------------------
> /dev/hdb1              19G  173M   18G   1% /mnt/install
>
> but cant access it as normal user but only as root user.
>
> any suggestions?

Sorry,

My mistake.
I forgot to change the permission recursively. I just changed the
permission for the /mnt/install folder but inside that still denied.

now doing this solved the problem
# chmod -R 777 /mnt/install

and fstab entry
/dev/hdb1               /mnt/install            ext3    defaults 1 1