FC6 update mystery

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 14:08:21 UTC 2006

This is actually a yum update and automatic system update feature
mystery.
I have the same problem on FC6 when I for a yum update of try to doe the
automatic system update process. The process fails with a message saying
it can't find the dependencies necessary for the upgrade.

I have repos for core, extras, updates , development, extras
development , dries , livna and livna development defined. If the
dependencies don't come through these repos where the &%$*^ are they
supposed to come from? Especially when you consider that these are
updates that the system is offering me .
"I changed my headlights the other day. I put in strobe lights instead!
Now when I drive at night, it looks like everyone else is standing
still ..." -- Steven Wright
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net