Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

Roo oscosc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 15:41:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 11:30:39 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> That's the biggest load of bs I have read in a long time.  There are
> many reasons for preferring one over the other, all valid.  Not all kde
> users are teenagers - I'm 66 - but that doesn't make us senile either.
> Linux us about choice - something you seem to have forgotten, along with
> your manners.

I don't care if you use KDE, or if you are 66, 72 or 99. The only time I
ever bother to think about KDE is when its boring, toxic zealots fill up
forums or mailing lists with their ill-informed drivel and screeching
about how they are somehow being wronged because either Red Hat or Sun or
Novell aren't rolling out the red carpet for them. Christ, Fedora even got
slammed when they wanted to move KDE into extras so that its
noisy super-fans could better look after it themselves.

Use it if you like... just shut up with the zealotry.

As for your lecture on manners: this thread was hijacked by a bunch of KDE
supporters wanting to post how much they like it better than GNOME.