Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 3 16:19:39 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 10:00, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> That may well be true Claude, but the fact remains that the stock
>>> answer from the official channels is still "use gnome" entirely too
>>> often when a kde related problem shows up and someone posts a question
>>> about it
>> Do you mean IRC when you refer to official channels or something else?
>> If you have seen a single Fedora developer respond that way in any
>> mailing list or bugzilla, can you point me to that?
>
> Well, I'll have to admit Rahul, that much of that attitude seems to have
> evaporated since you came on board, you have been an honest ray of hope in
> the darkness and I thank you, but back when FC2 was new, that most
> certainly was the official mantra.

Thanks for the encouragement but I dont think that you would ever heard
anybody officially recommend GNOME over KDE . I have been hanging out in
this list right from the start of the project. In my last job, I had
some nice free time so I was following the discussing actively.

   As for quoting from a real post, of
> course not, I expire this group in 6 months here to try and contain the
> size of the folder.  Its currently just under 12,000 old messages as I've
> found kmail gets quite lethargic when you have 40 folders with 30k+
> messages in them.

Well, there is public archives of everything. If you find anything let
me know. I am sure users here and in IRC channels or forums would have
expressed their personal opinions on the choice of desktop environment.
Blaming the project for that is pretty unfair.

Rahul